WordPress Project Manager
6 Month Contract
Based in London
Hourly rate up to £37.95 - 30 hour week - Monday to Thursday
The WordPress Implementation project is responsible for the implementation and delivery of WordPress VIP into the UK Market. Primarily this is the migration of all our websites into WordPress, however we are responsible for everything from:
- Content migration of existing websites
- Training on everything WordPress
- Improving & streamlining existing processes in line with our compliance needs
- Account Management of our Global WordPress Suppliers for the UK Market
Obviously the scope of the project is very broad, and so our team pulls in expertise from a great many of our clients support functions. To aid separation of work and delegation of authority, the project team is split into two categories. The Cross-Platform Planning Team who look at cross-cutting topics such as Contracting, Security Controls, Supplier Management for any/every asset; and numerous Implementation Teams responsible for the specific migration of our given websites.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating all this activity in conjunction with the Project Leads
Project management responsibilities include;
- The coordination and completion of the project; on time, within budget and within scope.
- You will oversee all aspects of the project, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarise progress of the project.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Identify interdependencies between milestones & ensure all relevant stakeholders are involved in execution
- Identify, document, mitigate & escalate project risk via governance channels
The successful candidate will work directly with the project leads to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with the extended planning team & product owners to ensure all aspects of the project are compatible.
Software: Proficiency with commonly used tools such as Microsoft's & Atlassians (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, etc.)
Methodologies and Frameworks: Ability to apply frameworks and methodologies such as
Waterfall planning & SCRUM
Reporting/Stakeholder Management: Coordinate with managers, clients and team members to set
expectations, deliverables, and objectives
Team Management: Coordinate a team of people with different skill sets towards a
unified goal by guiding each member to complete their unique
deliverables on time
Planning and Management: Milestone definition, interdependency analysis, critical path
Time Management/Scheduling: Ability to make timeline estimates and set specific and general
schedules; and keep everyone up to speed
Cost Assessment: Track project costs and flag deviations to estimates to project
sponsors. Work with SMEs to align cost-creep
Review/Monitoring: Track overall project and individual stakeholder progress
throughout the project lifecycle, resolving conflicts and
optimizing gains along the way
Issue Management and Resolution: Fix project discrepancies, overlaps, stalled workflows, and other
issues due to internal roadblocks or unforeseen external
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.