POSITION: WINTEL ENGINEER
SALARY: 85k (Dependant on experience)
Ensure performance, recoverability, best practices and regulatory adherence for the wintel owned servers and services.
- Active Directory administration
- Provide direct support for all client applications and hardware including:
- Windows 7 / Windows 10
- Office 2010 /Office 2016
- TCP/IP (DNS, DHCP etc.)
- Miscellaneous third party tools
- In-house built Excel addins and applications
- HP workstations, laptops, thin clients and printers
- New user setup, hardware installation, permissions, application testing
- Setup, installation and documentation of support procedures
- Proactive monitoring of environment and PCs using various tools
- Project focus on SCCM OS deployment and application packaging
IT - min 5 years' experience, most recent 3 years within Finance
TECHNICAL SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- VMWare VSI design and administration.
- Active Directory design and administration.
- SCCM design and administration.
- Infrastructure as Code design and implementation.
- Provide direct support for all server applications and hardware including:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows 2016.
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 / Office 365.
- Microsoft Sharepoint 2013.
- Microsoft SCOM 2012 R2.
- Microsoft SCCM.
- TCP/IP (DNS, DHCP etc).
- Miscellaneous third party tools.
- HP Servers.
- Hardware installation/maintenance.
- Setup, installation and documentation of engineered solutions.
- Proactive monitoring of environment using various tools.
- Excellent communications skills including senior stakeholder management
- Excellent triage/problem diagnosis skills
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly assess situations and adapt accordingly
- Able to multitask and prioritise well
- Energetic, enthusiastic and well organised
- Must be a self-starter who will work well in a busy team
- Awareness of the role of IT in the business