WebSphere Application Server System Administrator
A WebSphere Application Server System Administrator is required to join a multinational technology client working on a financial services project. This role is working remotely within the UK during the pandemic on an initial 3 to 6-month contract.
Due to the nature of this project, you should be willing and eligible to undergo pre-employment screening checks.
This role will involve configuration, installation and ensuring that the WebSphere runtime environment operates efficiently.
To succeed in this role, you should have knowledge and experience of the following skills:
- In-depth understanding of Java EE 6 technologies (e.g. JMS, JDBC, JNDI, JTA and JAAS).
- In-depth understanding of Java EE 6 application model such as HTTP sessions, JSP, servlets, EJBs.
- A solid understanding of HTTP server concepts.
- Hands-on experience of system administration on operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP, UNIX, z/OS, OS/400, or Linux.
- Good understanding of basic internet concepts (such as Web browsers, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL and so forth).
- An understanding of standard mark-up languages such as XML and HTML.
- Knowledge of Web Services, such as UDDI, WSDL and SOAP.
- Knowledge of bean scripting framework languages.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.