WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Specialist / Remote / 3 month contract / £450-£600 per day inside IR35
Role: WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Specialist (SME)
Location: Fully Remote
Duration: 3 month contract
Rate: £450-£650 per day
As WAS SME, you are responsible for Installing, Upgrading and Configuring WAS, IHS and related tools across Multiple Platforms.
You will be responsible for Building a comprehensive Middleware Infrastructure as per the Design, perform Security Hardening and demonstrate very good Troubleshooting Capabilities.
You should be able to Support BAU activities which includes Incident Management, Change Management, Patch Management, SSL certificate Management & Troubleshooting and Use Monitoring tools to assess Application and Infrastructure Performance.
- Overall technical solution design, development, deployment/cutover, and implementation - covering all technical aspects of the program's implementation lifecycle
- Provide hands-on technical solutions to business challenges & translates them into process/technical solutions.
- Design, development and delivery of WAS application including Clustering through network deployment.
- Interpret requirements, performs highly complex analyses and presents options and recommendations to obtain desired results.
- Develop advanced technological ideas and guides development into a final product.
- Work under minimal supervision in layouts, product support, devices, methods or procedures
- Build and Manage Middleware Infrastructure using Dev-Ops Practices
- Ensure infrastructures are build as per the security standards and Industry best practices
- SSL Certificate Management in WAS , IHS , Plugin
- Proficient in WebSphere Application Server ND 8.5 / 9, IBM HTTP Server 8.5 / 9, Tomcat 5
- WAS Scripting Knowledge
- Proficiency in working on Linux/Unix and Windows system
- Expertise in WebSphere Liberty, Deploy support (Eclipse, UCD, CDA) and Ansible Support
- Experience in MS office, ITIL, Service now
- Basic knowledge of SQL , Unix / Linux (RHEL) / Basic Bash Scripting.
- Good Understanding of Single Sign-on using WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience in Using Application Monitoring Tools.
If this role seems like the right fit for you then please send through your upto date CV
Candidates will be spoken with before profile is submitted