Job Posting Title: Warehouse Op
Description: Role Summary:
The Warehouse Operator will be responsible for managing inventory of raw materials and fittings at the flexible pipe systems facility in Newcastle. The team member will be responsible for managing the material from receipt on site through to issuing to production and or packaging and delivery.
* Load, unload, move and stage product and materials using a forklift and other power equipment.
* Receive, check-in and issue materials in support of production and other departmental activities.
* Preparation of shipments and dispatch to the field or customer base.
* Daily communication with delivery drivers and site personnel at all levels
* Maintain and monitor accurate written and computerized records of all transactions
* Maintain documented inventory and stock levels for all items held
* Maintain all appropriate stores equipment and perform housekeeping duties as required
* Perform cycle counts of respective warehouses
* Provide feedback on disposition of excess inventory & slow-moving items.
* Must have a Forklift Certification, preferably counterbalance and reach truck
* At least 2 years' experience working within Warehouse/Inventory Management
* Willing to work continental shift pattern.
* Overtime support as requested.
* Other duties as directed
* Preferred previous working knowledge of warehousing techniques
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited procedures exist
* Have ability to identify improvements within work area
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Strong problem recognition and solution development abilities.