Location - Luton
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000
Job Title: Warehouse Health and Safety Coordinator
Reporting To: Group Health and Safety Manager
To ensure that the site maintains the highest levels of compliance with Health & Safety standards.
The role-holder will be required to be responsible for and undertake the following tasks:
- New starter inductions. L&D MANAGER
- Maintain the training matrix. L&D MANAGER
- Implement and maintain a programme for induction refresher training. L&D MANAGER
- Develop a site health and safety observations audit.
- Conduct and report findings of the daily health and safety observations audit.
- Use health and safety risk assessments to develop Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) with department stakeholders.
- Maintain the Safe System of Work document library.
- Periodic review of Safe Systems of Work training material.
- Gap analysis and creation of new Safe Systems of Work.
- Investigate and report site accidents.
- Investigate and report site near misses.
- Maintain the work equipment service schedule on the Vulcan portal for PUWER.
- Maintain contractor relationships and service schedules for health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Conduct weekly fire alarm tests and weekly fire-fighting equipment checks.
- Coordinate twice yearly site evacuation tests.
- Conduct monthly first aid station checks.
- Order first aid supplies.
- Conduct monthly racking inspections.
- Work efficiently and effectively, ensuring that you contribute to the daily Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) of the department and the needs of the business.
- Update the weekly health and safety KPI.
This list is not exhaustive, and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties.
Key contacts / relationships
- Group Health and Safety Manager
- Shift Managers and Supervisors
- Management and colleagues across site
Job context / environment
- Operations / office based.
- Core working hours, Mon - Fri 08:00 - 17:00.
- Flexibility is expected to cover shift-based requirements.
- Working to strict deadlines in a time-critical environment.
- Working in a chilled/ambient environment for extended periods of time.
Measures of performance
- Achievement of team and business KPI's
- Team contribution
- Timekeeping & attendance
- Accuracy of Work
- Health & Safety compliance
Qualifications / training (can be provided for the successful candidate.)
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Racking inspections.