VMWare / Wintel Engineer sought by a leading FinTech SaaS business focused on the Investment Management industry, in particular leading Hedge Funds and Wealth Managers.
The firm has grown exponentially over the past three years with their server estate alone tripling in size to 150+ servers today, spread across over multiple datacentres connected by VMWare Stretched Clusters. There is a big drive to automate ALL processes within the next two years and they are looking to move from vCentre to NSX / NSX-T in the near future.
The Wintel team are responsible for the Global Microsoft Server and Virtual Services estate, also providing escalation support for other teams within the London and regional offices. You will therefore ensure performance, recoverability, best practices and regulatory adherence for the Wintel owned servers and services including VMWare vSphere, ESXi, Horizon and NSX; Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint and SCOM/SCCM; TCP/IP, DNS. DHCP etc.
- VMWare design and administration experience, including expertise knowledge of vSphere, ESXi. Horizon and NSX / NSX-T knowledge a bonus.
- Solid Windows Server deployment and management skills across all versions.
- Active Directory, Exchange 2016 and Office365 design and administration.
- Strong PowerShell automation experience. C# MVC Web development nice-to-have.
- Exposure to SharePoint, Microsoft SCOM and SCCM.
- Good understanding of control principles - Release, Change Management, etc.
- Used to working to best practice methodologies such as ITIL.
- Interaction with MSSQL databases and AWS automation highly desirable.
The business has been working brilliantly in a fully remote setting for the past 12 months and have and are likely to remain flexible once normal life resumes. There is also a one week in five weekend on-call support and patching rota where you will be paid a shift allowance accordingly.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a best-in-class Financial Services / FinTech business which is growing at speed and with a huge investment in IT Infrastructure and people. Please apply for a full job description.