VMWare Architect/ Lead
Experis are currently recruiting for a number of SC cleared VMWare Specialist for a central government client. The successful contractor will be involved in multicloud deployment projects to assist with the Workload and Platform Services Offering; Managed Multicloud Services powered by VMware (MSVx)
- Responsible for working on the orchestration of high profile internal projects.
- Work closely with the architectural design, engineering, and implementation teams.
- Works on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope.
- Work to a structured approach, sometimes customising the deployment to fit the need.
- Provide planning, designing, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator and NSX-T.
- Create Network Designs, Blueprints and Standards for the implementation in the DCs
- Provide support of L2/L3 understanding in a Leaf-Spine configuration of network infrastructure to VMware best practice using NSX-T
- L3 dynamic routing (e.g. BGP)
- Troubleshooting network problems and outages
- Ability to develop use cases supporting containers and an NSX-T approach.
- Understanding of modern IT and DevOps DC's and cloud operations.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as VMware vRealize Suite
- Create and validate
- Solution and design of NSX-T, vRA, vRO, Stackstorm, Ansible
- Provide technology input for Agile automation user stories
- Develop and revise the technology scripts as part of overall NSX-T use cases
- Documentation along Agile requirements
- Provide/supervise operational acceptance cases
Skills and Experience
- Proven minimum of 2+ years VMware tools experience
- VMware certification(s).
- Experience in architecture, design and deployment of virtualised infrastructures, ideally with a special emphasis on VMware vSphere vRO & vRA, and/or ESXi technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend and apply technical documents, requirements, and orchestrate tools.
- Understand managed multicloud offering and various components of it.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow
- Previous experience with Cloud implementations
- Be aware of the MSVx standard offering
- Proven track record of delivering enterprise wide solutions to strict timescales.
- in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining network infrastructure at different scales (LAN/WAN/MAN)
- Understanding of VLAN routing between L3 devices and VMware support configuration using NSX
- Experience with VMware and advanced technologies
- Knowledge of networking and security products, solutions, and services, Network security tools and networking concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones.
- Extensive experiences with Layer 2, 3, and 4 technologies, with the ability to apply the knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of global service provider's core and backbone network
- Experience with various networking technology, including MPLS, VPLS, VLAN, Geneve, LTM/GTM, BGP, ACL, NAT, VPN, IPv4/IPv6
- Background in automated network environments, Network