VDI - Virtual Windows Desktop Support Engineer - Plus DevOps Training
Includes training towards a full Cloud / Azure DevOps Engineer
Salary: £25,000pa - £45,000pa (DoE) + Benefits
Azure Cloud, Virtual Desktop, VDI - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, PowerShell, Autoscaling, Remote App, Azure Monitor, Azure Advisor, Active Directory,
West Midlands / England UK - Home-based with customer site visits as required.
This up and coming Cloud & Software Integration Specialist are seeking and enthusiastic and challenge orientated Virtual Windows Desktop Support Engineer asap (there is also training toward a full Cloud DevOps Engineer available)
This Azure Cloud and Software specialist always selects the best technology fit for a project and therefore expects and encourages all their techies i.e. Virtual Windows Desktop Engineers, Developers and Designers to embrace the latest, leading-edge technologies, frameworks and Cloud deployment platforms i.e. "Embrace the Culture and you'll never be bored!"
To apply for this post checkout the following criteria and if suitable forward your CV ASAP!
In this role you will:
Provide support to our customers Windows Virtual Desktop environment as a member of distributed BAU team, working in conjunction with several other customer support teams.
- Install and configure apps on a session hosts
- Deploy an application as a RemoteApp
- Implement and manage browsers and internet access for Windows Virtual Desktop sessions
- Create and configure an application group
- Troubleshoot application issues related to Windows Virtual Desktop
- Automate Windows Virtual Desktop management tasks
- Configure automation for Windows Virtual Desktop
- Automate management of host pools, session hosts, and user sessions by using PowerShell and Azure Command-Line Interface (CLI) implement autoscaling in host pools
- Monitor and manage performance and health
- Monitor Windows Virtual Desktop by using Azure Monitor
- Monitor Windows Virtual Desktop by using Azure Advisor
- Customize Azure Monitor workbooks for Windows Virtual Desktop monitoring
- Optimize session host capacity and performance
- Manage active sessions and application groups
- Manage Access and Security
- Plan and implement Azure roles and role-based access control (RBAC) for Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Manage local roles, groups and rights assignment on Windows Virtual Desktop session
- Configure user restrictions by using Azure AD group policies and AD policies.
- Plan and implement Conditional Access policies for connections
- Configure user experience settings:
- Configure Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) properties on a host pool
- Configure session timeout properties
- Troubleshoot user profile issues
- Troubleshoot Windows Virtual Desktop clients
This client are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work by independent assessors in both the UK and India and will offer you an inclusive, collaborative atmosphere to develop your skills as part of a global multi-discipline development team with opportunities to be mentored by forward-thinking architects.
Call Experis IT today for more information!