Verification Test Engineer - Portsmouth
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We're looking for a motivated individual to work on a large-scale, sensitive project for the MoD and play a role in the preparation of information for design certification and customer acceptance. You'll join the team completing the Verification Compliance Reference Index (VCRI document) and assist in collating the verification evidence provided by the verification team, filing, cataloguing and reporting on compliance as well as capturing commentary that needs to be clearly communicated to acceptance reviews.
You will be working with experienced software test engineers and SME's therefore this is a well-supported opportunity to develop and practice software test engineering skills. This position requires attention to detail and experience in the production of verification evidence and compliance management to assist the presentation of evidence, status and consequences to a broad stakeholder group. Relevant experience in the following would be useful for this position; DOORS, Excel, PPT and ideally the ability to read Sys ML artefacts, such as sequence diagrams.
- Adhering to the plans prepared by the Lead Engineer and providing suggested improvements;
- Using DOORS to reflect traceability and status as directed by the Lead Engineer;
- Capture of test evidence;
- Assisting in the preparation of documentation for sign off including the Acceptance Evidence Document;
- Assisting in the production of Tracking Problem Reports;
- Assisting in the updating of the verification and compliance matrix;
- Assisting in the preparation of evidence packs for Assurance Events and other reviews as required by the Lead Engineer;
- Assisting in the analysis of data and production of Short Technical Notes presenting evidence;
- Assisting in the presentation of evidence to stakeholders in preparation for and during Acceptance Working Groups.
The organisation is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need either hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets