Job Description: UX Designer
6 Months Contract
London/Scotland/Leeds - Hybrid Policy
£400 Per Day Via Umbrella Company
You will work with the Digital Service Design Team to continue to deliver best in class experiences for customers who wants to manage their account online. This role is fundamental across multiple projects and focuses around three core areas:
* Support the team in shaping the day-to-day delivery by putting users at the centre of design and ensuring it's in line with wider business strategy.
* Effectively and efficiently own your business area whilst driving and advocating for inclusive and effective solutions.
* Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX, research, accessibility and technology trends.
* Help to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule.
* Help drive our user-focused culture by being a highly visible advocate for design.
* Collaborate with other design and development teams in order to create new experiences and evolve patterns.
* Work closely with the wider design team to ensure visibility and provide input into group design critiques.
* Work collaboratively with the UI team to make sure all solutions are clear, easy to understand, and effective.
Relationship & Network building
* Work with stakeholder groups both at product owner, and senior manager level.
* Advocate the value of User-Centred Design across the business.
* Pair with Business Analysts and Front-End developers to help build designs to the quality and high standards we're aiming for.
* Experience in similar large organisation or leading digital agency.
* Proven experience in UCD, human interface guidelines, accessibility standards, and best practices.
* Solid understanding of user-centred design principles and methodologies, with an ability to conduct competitor analysis and benchmarking, create user journeys, user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
* Ability to run different types of user research, including card sorting, usability testing (both moderated and unmoderated), and user interview.
* Experience of designing digital services for consumption over web, mobile and social platforms.
* Strong background in gathering business requirements and translating these into workflows, wireframes and sitemaps.
* Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe XD or Figma.
* Experience running or moderating workshops and Design sprints.
* Experience working within an agile delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple delivery skill sets.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please submit your CV.