Utilities Data and Product Specialist (SC Clearance)
Our client works within the Geospatial Commission's National Underground Asset Register that will soon be entering into the 'build' phase of work to build a production platform. A client-side digital specialist is required to help develop and implement the NUAR product backlog and data model.
To address the complexities of the programme, the Geospatial Commission plans to lead the work through the creation of a 'one team' delivery unit that draws upon existing staff and that of subject matter experts and local government representatives.
The successful candidate will provide client-side product development and data modelling services.
The specialist will:
- Carry out product owner services; including developing and implementing the NUAR Data Model, product backlog, sprint cycles and will help with data & architectural modelling.
- Use advance knowledge and experience in the energy, water, telecommunications sectors to inform, refine and implement the product backlog.
- Embed knowledge and best practice within the NUAR 'One Team' Delivery unit
Key Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of and experience working with standards related to the detection, verification and location of underground utility assets
- Knowledge and experience integrating datasets from across the energy, water, telecommunications sectors and highways and local authorities, utilising existing or emerging standards and models as appropriate.
- Experience designing and implement data modelling solutions using relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases
- Advanced knowledge of existing source database structures across the energy, water, telecommunications sectors and highways and local authorities
- Advance knowledge of working practices and terminology used across the utilities sector
- Experience working in the utilities sector; 10 years minimum is expected
- Advanced knowledge and experience in computer science and / or computer systems engineering
- Experience developing technical designs and solutions for utility applications
- Experiencing delivering product and services using Agile, in particular Scrum
- Experience managing a product backlog, working with external stakeholders, including advance negotiating and expectation management
- Experience working with government departments or local government organisations