User Researcher - Usability Testing
3 - 6 months
London/Virtual Office Environment
As a Product Usability Tester, you will utilise usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that help drive future design improvements. You will work through all phases of the design process to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our product features.
The successful candidate will be working alongside UX Designers, Product Management and Developers to recommend product/user research requirements. You should be extremely collaborative, and will require a high degree of social savvy, professionalism, and empathy for the customer.
For the position, you will be required to take ownership for planning, moderation, analysis and report writing, ensuring all documentation is compliant. The successful candidate will collect testing needs from external clients and determine priorities that are consistent with business goals and objectives.
What we're looking for:
- Ensuring a customer centric approach to design and product development
- Speedy execution, independent thinker who can work independently with little day to day guidance
- Ability to lead and plan the execution of different research projects that help us to build new features and/or iterate on existing ones.
- Understand the strengths and limitations of different quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative user inputs and creating actionable insights for Product Teams
- Lead research studies that examine both user behaviour and attitude
- Generate actionable insights that lead to ideation and evaluative product experiences
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Ability to ask, as well as answer product and user experience related questions
- Thorough knowledge of user-centred design, user research methods, iterative development processes and usability principles
- Usability testing, User testing, face-to-face, Lab, or guerilla
- Experience with remote testing methodologies
- Good understanding of quantitative, behavioural analysis and statistical concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Learning Sciences, Statistics, Psychology, Social Science or any related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.