User Researcher - Public Sector (GDS) experience essential
In scope of IR35
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client are at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
- Proven experience of using a variety of usability testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights and gather user needs for web based services
- Proven experience of creating research strategies/approaches
- Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions, and facilitating workshops
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Confident in explaining user needs to senior civil servants and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the department at large
- Extensive knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process for product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centred design practices
- Proven experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys (involving development of a logical sequence of steps to complete transactions)
- Comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Comfortable in the capacity of mentor for other user researcher(s)
- Skills with and knowledge of requirements capture methods and techniques, business systems and analysis, front end process, software development life cycles and associated processes
- Proficient in the use of requirements capturing methodology, like Waterfall or RUP toolset
- Able to use Data modelling techniques
- Experience with the Windows Suite and MS Office applications
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.