Job Title: User Researcher
Location: Telford/ Remote
Initial Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £400-£600 per day
Gov.UK or GDS experience
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
As a User Researcher you'll generate new and useful user insights and translate them into features and actions. You will lead the formal usability testing process for a digital service - from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing.
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house research to test new service ideas and concept development
- Working closely with the team to turn user data into actionable user stories that influence product/service direction and prototype development
- Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Presenting findings, recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider digital team and across government
- Experience of delivery using an iterative/agile methodology (e.g. Agile/SCRUM)
- Experience of agile collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Agile for Scrum, Confluence)
- Understanding of agile delivery techniques e.g. Continuous Delivery/Integration, Test Driven Development, and associated tooling
- A degree in areas such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, human-computer interaction or market research
- Good facilitation and influencing skills
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to work with large groups of customers of varying levels of seniority from user to board level
- This role will involve working with various UK Government clients at locations across the UK, so you must be mobile and willing to work away from your base location
If this is the role for you, please submit your CV at your earliest convenience.