Duration: 6 Months +
Additional Skills required: RHEL and AIX skillset.
- Mixture of hardware and decom work but if the Unix resource can do what's detailed below they should be able to pick up anything.
- Hardware Provisioning is responsible for the allocation of rack space which is part of the GW0 process and are required to work closely with DCTT to identify sufficient space in the Pseries allocated Hot/Cold aisles, once reserved the grid location is used to produce the Network patching sheet with target Ethernet port details for BT to allocate a Network switch within the 100m distance from the server, they will also create the fibre cabling form and work with DCTT to allocate HRM references in order for Splice(cabling team) to complete the physical cabling.
- Provisioning will work with BT to configure the Network ports and check all ports are configured correctly and have Nim access.
- As part of Infrastructure resiliency they will work with the Data Centre Team to light the cards to pull cables to ensure there is resiliency between the Vios.
- Once all of the cabling and infra testing is complete the Provisioning Team will build the Vios which is a manual ticklist task, once all of these items are complete the frames are handed over to the Migration Team.
- Candidates need to have good working knowledge & experience of IBM Power hardware. They would also need to be familiar with Power related software - AIX generally, PowerVM and HMC more specifically.
- Primarily, they need to have experience of getting Power hardware installed and provisioned in enterprise level data centres.