Leeds / Livingston
The infrastructure Operations team supports and delivers some of the clients most critical systems and projects. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced UNIX Engineer to join our team and assist with those day-to day production support and project delivery activities with an emphasis on automation at every stage of the process.
- Work as part of a team responsible for the support and delivery of projects across a large UNIX estate.
- Provide methodical technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an ability to lead and manage investigation activities.
- Build effective working relationships with a variety of infrastructure and application teams to ensure that technology and process improvements deliver overall service improvements to our end customers with a focus on innovation and identifying opportunities for standardisation and automation of manual processes.
- Provide 24/7 on call support on a rota basis by responding to incidents, providing root cause analysis and participating in post-incident wash-up meetings.
- An in-depth knowledge of UNIX preferably with Redhat and Solaris in a clustered environment.
- Advanced skills in a shell or programming language such as bash, ksh, perl, python.
- Experience of automating the installation and configuration of UNIX operating systems and application software. Preferably with Ansible and AWX(Tower).
- Software Configuration Management tools and practises with Git and/or Subversion.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; including TCP/IP connections, HTTP Protocol, SSL, firewalls, VLANs, Proxy enablement, DNS, Load balancing.
- Good communication & relationship management skills.
- Experience of working in an environment using ITIL practices, specifically Incident and Change Management.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.