Location - Northampton (hybrid)
Duration - 6 months
£450 per day via Umbrella company
Overall purpose of role
We are continuing to grow our team and are looking for an experienced Senior UI Designer who'll work collaboratively within a cross-functional team (UX designers, UX researchers, UI designers, UX copywriters, product owners, solution architects, BAs and developers). You'll help craft first-class online interfaces for our customers across our digital products and channels. Working with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds, you'll guide them through an approach to create design concepts at various stages in the design process.
* Lead and create user interface and visual designs and interactions, for a variety of devices and products including screen designs, prototypes, customer journey maps, assets and detailed specifications.
* Create all visual elements, including interactive states, and work with and evolve existing design systems.
* Work as part of a team to understand customer needs, business objectives and outcomes, and contribute to the proposition and wider user experience
* Consistently push for a customer-centric approach whilst delivering on business objectives
* Identify and implement process improvements within the team
* Ensure all outputs adhere to all relevant policies and standards e.g. channel, accessibility, brand, design systems
* Keep up-to-date and share knowledge on industry best practices, the latest thinking and trends in order to deliver fresh, relevant and industry leading designs
* Strong knowledge, understanding and hands-on experience of responsive and/or app UI design and interactions, through to creating detailed specifications and collaboratively working with developers.
* Experience of using, and creating or contributing to, design systems
* Good presentation skills and a good communicator who can articulate their thinking and the rationale behind design decisions to different audiences
* Have experience working with UX Designers, UX Researchers, UX Copywriters and UI Developers as part of a multi-disciplined team and know that shared understanding is critical in achieving a successful outcome
* You value outputs, but know that outcomes are what matter
* A real passion for crafting great products and for exploring, designing and iterating a broad range of ideas and potential design solutions
* Ability to work through complex interface problems and resolve to an appropriate solution
* An active collaborator who enjoys participating in team discussions and debates
* Be adaptable, proactive and able to self-manage own workload with minimum supervision, when either working alone or as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplined, agile team.
* Will challenge appropriately and are always striving to make things better.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* Professional qualification, or equivalent experience in a related field and demonstrable experience designing for web and mobile
* You know visual-based design principles and have a strong understanding and skill with colour, typography, layout, illustration and data visualisation, combined with an eye for detail
* You understand the customer experience, translating this understanding into impactful and appropriate visual designs
* Proficient with tools such as Figma or Sketch, Adobe CC, Adobe XD, to effectively deliver high quality design solutions
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience working in the financial sector and/or agency experience
* Experience working in an Agile environment, including an understanding of methods and software (Rally/AGILE Central, JIRA, Confluence)
* Understanding of accessibility best-practise for digital products and services
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please be sure to submit your CV.