HSBC is undertaking an aggressive transformation of the IT controls environment that will result in an optimised technology operating model that is controls compliant by design. This will support DevOps ways of working and also legacy environments. This will apply to all areas of infrastructure and software delivery life cycle as well as the run time environment. The resulting service must provide great developer experience whilst also providing an effective control operator experience with 100% controls compliance by design
The candidate will need to be well grounded in the software delivery life cycle ideally across multiple technology domains and approaches. It must be emphasised that this applies to all aspects of operating model, being technology as well as people and process design.
The transformation is focused on technology controls so the candidate must have a strong understanding of software delivery and its constituent functions. A strong technology and delivery experience will be essential to the success of the role due to the need to design processes that meet the needs of the engineer. The role will involve a large element of liaison with internal technology customers and driving change in controls simplification.
Strong analytical skills will be required to identify opportunities for change, baseline metrics and prove improvements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordination and agreement of change initiatives with senior stakeholders across the GBGFs
- Proactive identification of improvement opportunities in the control landscape and delivering provable results compared to baseline
- Owning delivery of control process transformation, working in an agile environment including automation (policy as code) and adoption utilising industry standard approaches where applicable.
- Serving as a subject matter expert and facilitator to both control owners/operators and the wider engineering community that will consume these services
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations related to IT controls automation
- Provide clear communication on project schedule, delivery dates, scope changes, etc.to stakeholders
- Oversee adoption and rollout of agreed operating models to the engineering teams
- Develop ways of working and delivery approach that recognises incumbent risks of the directive and ensures that continuous feedback maximises delivery success.
To be able to provide this level of service the successful candidate will be well organised, disciplined, be able to work with minimal supervision, have exceptional attention to detail, and able to follow tasks through to completion.