Recruitment, Public Services, IT, Advertising, Headhunting, sourcing, customer focused, sales, Candidate journey, Experis, Manpower, Graduate, Altrincham, Manchester
Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Public Sector) - Altrincham (with home working)
Experis (part of the Manpower Group) is a globally recognized recruitment consultancy with a focus on IT, finance and engineering. We are currently recruiting for a trainee recruiter to join the public services contract team, placing IT contractors into a host of roles across government. This is an entry level role with no previous recruitment experience necessary.
Developing New Business
The role will require developing new client relationships within the Public Sector. This includes brand new relationships as well as existing relationships from Government frameworks.
- Advertising, search of database, job boards, LinkedIn and Headhunting
- Undertake candidate telephone interviews in order to identify a short list. This will necessitate evening work and occasional weekends.
- Chasing clients for feedback on CVs as required.
- Booking interviews with client/candidates as required.
- Debriefing candidates and clients after interviews as required.
- Making offers and closing/signing up Applicants/Clients.
- Taking up references for candidates.
- Preparing CVs for presentation to Clients, and ensuring quality levels are sufficient for Client inspection.
- Preparing applicants for interviews.
- Working within the delivery timescales as agreed with the client.
Record Keeping and Administration
- Maintaining Client and Applicant records to the standards laid down by the Employment Agencies Act, the Quality Management System and the Experis Client and Contractor administration process manual.
- Recording details of the recruitment process i.e. CVs sent, interviews arranged, vacancy requirements and placements.
- Marking up of CVs.
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Good computer skills and ability to acquire knowledge of the in-house candidate database swiftly in order to be able to undertake multi-level searches.
- Good reasoning skills and ability to screen and eventually interview applicants and make sound judgements on suitability.
- Excellent telephone skills (basic sales, message handling, service).
- Reasonable presentation skills.
- Reasonable knowledge of the market place and of competitors.
- Basic negotiation skills.
- Some technical knowledge.
- Ability to project professionalism and personality over the phone and face to face.
- Networking skills.
If interested please contact James Cook on 0161 924 3946 or email