The Trade Compliance Specialist (TCS) supports specific export / import functions (including systems support such as SAP / GTS, jurisdiction and classification determination, licensing and import processes) in the Shared Service Trade Compliance function. TCSs are designated to the appropriate TCOs. The TCS responsibilities may vary from case-to-case depending upon the specific requirements for a task.
- Provides specialised expertise for Trade Compliance export and import activities, may act as a lead in export / import activities, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of all applicable export/import regulations, providing updates to management regarding current and pending compliance regulation initiatives and legislation that may affect company business, ensuring various reports with government agencies are kept up to date as required by regulations.
- Assists with internal or external audits and assessments as directed by Trade Compliance Management.
- Participates in the creation of reports or records.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
- Knowledge and experience of Import/Export Trade Compliance procedures, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and US Customs and Border Protection Regulations
- Ability to coordinate activities for a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to recognise and solve typical problems and select solutions from established options
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Presentation and training skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, web-browsers, and database management tools