TRADE COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Location - HYBRID
UP TO £60,000 PLUS BENEFITS
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
A World leading Defence, Science and Technology Prime Service provider are continuing to invest billions into their products and services. Due to rapid growth and expansion working in partnership with high profile clients on the most cutting edge projects, there a number of new critical roles open within the group.
The role acts as a senior part of the Group Trade Compliance team; a subject matter expert in relation to UK, US and other international export controls, supporting the Company's import/export control strategy. A key aspect of the role is to provide subject matters expertise in the shaping of Trade Compliance solutions, advice and guidance to the Businesses and Functions, as well as providing second line quality assurance to ensure compliance at all times. The role works under the direction of the Group Head of Trade Compliance in managing all import and export compliance activities within bids, programmes, business development and marketing activities.
Key Accountabilities (Not limited to)
- Supporting the Group Head of Trade Compliance in managing all import and export compliance activities within bids, programmes, business development and marketing activities across the Group.
- Working in collaboration with all Group entities, sharing best practice and driving forwards a "globally integrated" approach;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to identify import / export compliance requirements, developing a strategy, obtaining stakeholder buy-in and executing successfully against agreed strategy to meet intended outcomes;
- Provide subject matter expert advice and guidance on import and export controls with a detailed
- knowledge of UK and EU export regulation, ITAR and EAR
- Provide advice and guidance to all stakeholders to ensure effective and compliant solutions can be deployed to meet business needs;
- Liaise with government departments, networking internally and externally and helping to drive the business forward to meet export requirements;
- Manage complex business situations and advise on the impact of import and export control regulations and identify compliant solutions to allow business objectives to be met in the most effective and efficient manner possible;
- Advise the business on trade control requirements in new and existing markets;
- Develop and coach others within and outside of team and Function;
- Lead by example on identifying and delivering continuous improvement initiatives in such areas as; ways of working, processes and procedures, driving efficiency and productivity improvements;
- Proven experience and knowledge of International Trade Compliance (ITC) practices and theory, whether in legal and/or compliance role with a primary focus on trade compliance;
- Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing UK export controls (Military and Dual Use);
- Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in the use of SPIRE;
- Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing US export controls (ITAR and EAR) preferred, and in the use of DECCS and SNAP-R;
- Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in hardware, software and technology export
- Ability to analyse complex business situations and advise on the impact of international export controls and provide clear instructions at all levels;
- Knowledge of customs, freight, or logistics procedures;
- 5+ years minimum related experience operating within defence & technology;
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience;
- Membership of an appropriate industry body or association.
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted, I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at