Role Title: Principal Integration Test & Trials Engineer
Location: Portsdown Technology Park (Occasional visits to MoD Corsham)
Hybrid Working Model (travel to sites is required on a need be basis
Duration: Initial contract until 31/03/2024 (further extensions applicable)
Clearance required to start: SC
IR35 Status: Outside
Daily Rate: up to £825
The role As a Principal Integration Test & Trials Engineer you'll have a role that is out of the ordinary, providing management and delivery of our customer's system integration and testing requirements.
- Lead project teams to deliver complex solutions using best practice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership for programme, project and bidding activities.
- Contribute to the development of the company/customer's strategic intent in the area of Information Systems IT&T.
- Provide effective technical leadership and support to the business both in delivery or programmes and bidding activities.
- Provide technical assurance by through an excellent understanding of appropriate technical standards that comply with statutory, regulatory, company and project specific processes and procedures.
- Create Design Certifications, Technical Delivery Plans, High Level Documentation and Detailed Design Documentation.
This role is full time, 37 hours a week, based at our Portsmouth site and with a hybrid working arrangement.
Essential experience of the Principal Integration Test and Trials Engineer
- End to end' test validation and System Integration testing
- Demonstrable experience of broad and comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within the areas of System Engineering, System Integration, System Testing
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to strategic business intent; good commercial awareness; good knowledge of how the technical function contributes to the business and a good understanding of competitors.
- Proven ability in leading high performing, multi-disciplinary teams in high pressure situations, delivering successful results to challenging timelines.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and strong leadership skills, with the ability to engage and influence diverse and challenging audiences
- ISTQB Test Manager certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of, or experience of, Military IS systems
- Knowledge of JSP's 440,604, DEF STAN 21-88
- Experience of Military Information Services such as NATO FAS, UK Base Services and MOD Business management applications
- Experience of Confluence and Jira. Working within both 'Waterfall' & 'Agile' methodologies would be an advantage
Qualifications for the Principal Integration Test and Trials Engineer A first degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent, nationally recognised, professional qualification, with extensive, significant on the job experience and growth of key skills, working in the domain and backed up with a tangible track record of achievement.