Base Location: Brentwood
£180p/d in scope of IR-35
The primary role of the Test Engineer (TE) is to carry out exploratory testing following a manual test pack and raise defects for software releases to gauge the stability and quality of the builds under test.
To work part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort, and it's the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology Teams that drive these award-winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology, and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
Our Manual Test Team is an essential part of a wider test group that is responsible for testing a variety of products at various stages of development; we cover a mixture of black and white-box STB testing. The team is responsible for performing manual test cases and defect investigations that provide an early view on the software reliability and stability that is used as a benchmark for further testing across the wider test group.
- Execute exploratory manual tests to find defects and ultimately give an indication of the stability of the build under test
- Ensure all defects are raised in Jira - are clear, concise, provide enough information for a third party to reproduce, and must include log files, images / videos, associated test scripts, etc
- Attend defect scrum / project conference calls when necessary
- Carry out defect investigation Test Requests when required
- Analysis of requirements to ensure sufficient test coverage
- Assist on the creation and occasional update of the test pack in ALM QC
- Work with Test Lead to tackle any additional tasks
- Strong written and spoken English
- Professional attitude and a consistently strong work ethic
- Flexible and able to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios clearly and concisely
- Methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Exploratory manual & confirmation testing
- Proven software engineering experience with a sound appreciation of all aspects of the software life cycle
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in software testing and have a good understanding of defect management tracking tools