Job Title: Assurance Manager
Working model - 5 days onsite
Active DV Clearance required
Due to the sensitive nature of this role you may be required to undergo DV (Developed Vetting) level Security Clearance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels). An allowance of £5k per annum may be payable monthly while you hold this DV and continue to work in a role that requires that level of security clearance. The terms of this allowance will be made available if you are successful in being recruited into this role.
Security isn't always the first thing that comes to mind when you think of BT, but when it comes to keeping everyone safely connected, We Are The Protectors. We deal with thousands of cyber-attacks every day, so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses. We deliver vital work at scale, with real breadth and impact. We connect for good.
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. Our mission focused work is innovative, inspiring and technologically challenging in a way that makes every day different and stimulating. We provide the opportunity to work on rare projects, with exciting tools and brilliant people. Everyone has access to unparalleled professional and personal development opportunities and your contribution is always valued.
Why this job matters:
Are you looking for a role where you can truly make a difference? Join our multi-disciplined Engineering team!
You will make a significant contribution in one of our highly skilled teams that work on world-class customer-focussed capabilities. Every project we deliver and every new opportunity we seek to win and grow, makes a significant difference to protecting the society in which we live. You will be part of an innovative team that will offer unrivalled personal development and a wealth of opportunities to learn and experience new things.
What you'll do:
- Lead test and assurance teams by providing test management to ensure on time and high-quality delivery.
- Provide the technical direction and management for the testing and assurance of world class secure platforms, on large complex test programmes.
- Work directly with customers to understand and capture requirements/user stories, through to integration, acceptance, and customer sign-off, ensuring delivered solutions align to customer expectations.
- Manage automated testing solutions and provide ongoing support to team members
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to more junior team members.
What you'll bring:
- Up-to date and proven hands-on experience of HP ALM, Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence) or similar, specifically for Test Management.
- Ability to creatively apply a wide range of technical and/management principles.
- Performed highly complex work activities covering technical, financial, and quality aspects.
You might even have:
- Have knowledge of Security solutions or delivered a security project
- Have Security Clearance at DV level or be prepared to go through the process
Diversity and Inclusion:
Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and encourage applications from all sections of the community. Our ambition focuses on recruiting and retaining people who are under-represented in our workforce. Including those from ethnic minority groups, disabled and neurodiverse people and women. However, diversity does not end there and anyone with different backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, ages or stages of life, disabilities and those from low socio-economic backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. Find out more about BT's D&I manifesto by searching on our website.
What's in it for you:
- Discounted BT Broadband, TV & mobile packages and BT products
- On target Bonus
- 10% pension contribution
- Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualifications
- Flexible benefits/rewards including dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.
- Well-being support for you and your family
- 3 days paid volunteering a year
- Flexible and smart working (subject to business needs)
Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification and criteria. So, if you're excited about this role but your past-experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement, don't worry - we'd still love you to apply!