Test Analyst- AWS, SQL/Oracle
Southend (remote initially)
Up to £440 per day
Our client is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
What you'll do:
* Test execution and co-ordination of the Test Scenarios for the Operational Acceptance Test (OAT) stage with technical teams (Middleware, DBA, Support Engineers)
* Provision of technical direction and governance (for OAT).
* Chair Technical FMEA calls to develop the failure points of the newly identified infrastructure
* Create Test Scenarios from technical documentation and identify any dependencies
* Work with the Technical teams to review and assure the OAT Test Scenarios
* Ensuring all subordinate test documentation (e.g. test scenario) is produced by the appropriate individual and reviewed.
* Knows Infrastructure tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour
* Taking responsibility for test coverage within the team where necessary
* Works to maintain tests and ensure regression testing is performed to avoid regression issues.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Strong Infrastructure Technical skills with experience of working in AWS environment
* Strong experience in SQL to Oracle migrations and understanding of databases
* Infrastructure experience (with at least 3 years focused on Non-Functional Testing)
* Good understanding of Risk Based Testing (RBT) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
* Good understanding of agile delivery lifecycles
* Experience with JIRA and Confluence
* Experience with JMeter
* Experience with Business Continuity Testing
* Able to hold complex test discussions with architects, SMEs and Operational Teams
* Experience with technical teams (DevOps, DBA) and chairing test calls, running test execution
* Experience with Infrastructure set-up / design, understanding of Fail-overs, Data guard, Database (Oracle / SQL)
* ISTQB Advanced Level Technical test analyst
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.