Edinburgh (remote working initially, then onsite working when COVID restrictions lifted)
£350-£380 per day
Our client is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. Their customers range from individual savers and investors to some of the world's biggest companies, governments and international organisations. They aim to connect them to opportunities and help them to achieve their ambitions.
The Test Analyst role is responsible for testing changes and enhancements to systems to ensure that these changes have the desired effect intended by the development and business teams. The Test Analyst's role is to understand the nature of the change, analyse this, and identify what needs to be tested and carry out the tests and document the results. Changes may range from a simple fix to the introduction of major new systems.
The Test Analyst adheres to standards for testing and the subsequent release into production and ensures that testing and operational documentation is fully completed. This responsibility ensures that the Test Analyst has extensive liaison and communication with development and business teams throughout the development and delivery lifecycle.
- Apply specialist expertise to undertake the day to day responsibilities of the testing process, organize and participate in the review and analysis of appropriate documentation
- Consult with user groups to determine testing needs and to ensure smooth project implementations
- Work with the Test Manager to ensure the correct testing strategy is implemented depending on individual projects needs and requirements
- Promote the use and benefits of automated testing
- Undertake the execution of the test strategy following consultation with business and development teams
- Validate test scripts in cooperation with business users and development teams and ensure appropriate sign off is secured
- Participate in 'risk based' testing assessments with business users
- Contribute to the definition of requirements for test environments
- Contribute to ensuring that the delivery of systems to the live environment meet the agreed quality expectations
- Ensure that any issues or risks are addressed in an appropriate manner, escalating them as required
- Assist in coordinating hand over of testing to business users
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour
- Have good knowledge of the project and test lifecycle
- Understand and interpret complex business and IT requirements
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to find logical solutions to problems and manage to resolution
- Substantial experience of functional testing
- Good working knowledge of functional test automation and test management tools and practices, in particular Mercury Quality Centre and Quick Test Professional
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Knowledge of Investment Banking i.e. Middle Office/ Fund Accounting/ Transfer Agency/ Custody
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.