Technical SME - Managed Desktop Services - Microsoft Security Stack
£50,000pa + Excellent Benefits Package - WFH
Subject Matter Expert (SME), Microsoft Security Stack, MS Defender, Autopilot, MS Intune, EUC Desktops & Laptops, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM / MECM Endpoint, Patching, O365Remote and Hand-Held Devices, Win 7/10/11, Dell, HP, Apple, Toshiba, Windows Server, ServiceNow, Symantec End Point Protection, HP Hardware Management.
West Midlands or Work from Home
FTSE 250 Total IT Solutions Provider are seeking to the services of a 3rd to 4th Line Technical SME for their Managed Desktop Services (MDS) function.
The End User Compute Team (EUC) is an enabling ITS service providing centrally managed desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices to UK&E, Corporate and Secure users. This is currently supporting nearly 12,000 users within the managed desktop service and 3,000 users within the managed handheld service.
This role will support the continued migration of locally managed IT to the centralised service, support, and project delivery of the EUC range of services including Managed Print.
Key skills include MS Defender, MS Security for the Desktop, Active Directory, Group Policy and past exposure of Win 7 to Win 10 Migrations. And you will need to understand the processes required for creating Apps for the Corporate, Healthcare, MoD, Mo, Environmental and Leisure environments.
As Technical SME you will ensure service requests are appropriately executed, the live service environment is operating correctly and is being maintained correctly across the SIAM process model. You will also support incidents as required by providing insight and practical technical expertise.
As the Technical SME - You will:
- Report to the Desktop Services & EUC Technical Lead
- Coexist with other Technical SME's to supporting and manage the Desktop and Remote User space, including all EUC Desktops & Laptops in this Win10/11 in this environment.
- Provide technical information and support on the evaluation, installation, acquisition and use of the EUC standard services.
- Work with Problem Management to documents root cause and potential solutions to problems and recommends changes (including fundamental ones) to system configurations to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate usage patterns and recommends methods for improving the information on the Incident and problem resolution knowledge base.
- Manage, establish and troubleshoot issues with using the EUC Standard Services, including detailing issues in service process/procedure and recommending improvements.
- Plan and schedule installation and configuration of the EUC Standard Services Installation Service Requests, as well as customer self-service methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering and improving the MDS Standard Service usage.
- Plan and execute Future Proofing for Handheld Device Management
- Implement new functions and facilitates migration to more modern platforms supporting the EUC Standard Services, testing and implementing new releases and providing team training on operating the upgraded service.
- Be happy with producing accurate and concise documentation
Skills and experience in these key areas required:
- MS Defender, MS Security Stack
- Autopilot, AirWatch and/or MS Intune
- Endpoint / SCCM, Patching, O365
- EUC Desktops & Laptops, Remote and Hand-Held Devices
- Win 7/10/11, Active Directory, Group Policy
- ServiceNow, End Point Protection
- Dell, HP, Apple, Toshiba, Windows Servers
- HP Hardware Management.
- Project Implementation and some experience of Solution Design
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) or Virtual Applications
To make the most of this opportunity - Call Experis IT asap and discuss your application today!