Technical Project Manager
Location: Brentwood or Osterley (remote based working for now)
We are actively looking to secure a Technical Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
What you'll do:
The role of the Project/Programme Manager is to act as the focal point for all project/programme related activities
- Be responsible for the Project definition and delivery requirements
- Implement delivery governance and operational process
- Ensure all Project/Programme dependencies, risks, issues and changes are tracked and managed effectively
- Own the end to end delivery of the Project/Programme
- Collaborate with our Product and Technology stakeholders to help identify, prioritise, estimate and manage both work items and risks associated with the project/programme
- Be responsible for implementation in preparation for operational handover
- Be responsible for the definition and setup of operational processes
- Lead all communications with the teams/ stakeholders / partners / managed services for all project/programme delivery events
- Define, maintain and manage resource forecast/capacity planning and budgets for the project/programme
- Act as the central point for the Project/Programme for all external requests and represent the Project/Programme at any appropriate meetings
What you'll bring:
- Significant experience of managing complex programmes, ideally in the broadcast media or telco space
- A good understanding of software security standards, practices and implementation
- Ability to operate and influence at all levels, across multiple business and technical teams (including 3rd party technology vendors).
- Ability to manage multiple projects/workstreams, leading E2E delivery management for cross functional teams.
- Ways of Working continuous process improvement
- In-depth knowledge of product and software delivery lifecycle
- Extensive experience working with development and test teams across the complete software stack and SDLC, with good knowledge of Mobile / Web / Customer Premise Equipment device applications, APIs, databases , Hubs, CPU and Network Design/Engineering
Industry Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant project management experience on complex medium/large scale programmes
- Relevant experience in a fast-paced industry where IT operates as a strategic partner.
- Knowledge in working in the Broadband/ Teclo industry on WiFi Devices, In Home connectivity and Defect Mgmt. experience
- Demonstrable relevant experience of operating in a systems development environment, including direct experience in such a role.
- Demonstrable relevant experience of delivering Projects/Workstreams into a wider Strategic Programme.
- Significant experience of delivering IT projects through others and without direct control.
- Previous experience of customer and supplier relationship management relevant to IT, particularly including management of negotiations.
- Must understand how APIs work
- Worked in an Agile development environment
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.