Technical Product Lead
Nottingham (Currently Remote)
Our client is regarded as one of the UK's largest energy provider with over 8,000 staff across the UK.
We're looking for Technical Product Leads with previous experience within Software Management or Technical Product Owner roles to join the new Technical Product Management team.
- Work closely with the Strategy and Architecture function and Service Operations functions within Digital Technology to maintain their knowledge of product roadmap.
- Work closely with Business Product Managers and Business Owners, creating a community of knowledge to ensure that they are clearly aligned on business needs.
- During Solutions Delivery they will work closely with Programmes, Projects and all outsourced providers to optimise the delivery against the product roadmap/back log
- Here you'll be responsible for providing guidance pro-actively and reactively on technical development but also ensuring the correct use of maintenance and product management tools.
- You'll adopt and deliver change projects on time using the correct delivery method, taking into consideration budget and profitably with business value as the highest priority.
- As a pivotal role, you'll work across our business but also with 3rd party providers and Solution Architects to evaluate product functionality, API's, technical capabilities and evaluating different product options.
- Finally, you'll need resilience as you'll be the linchpin between the Business Change & Technology department and the whole business ensuring that the product roadmap is maintained.
What we need from you
- Ability to negotiate practical milestones
- Extensive experience within Software Management
- Ability to track and deliver against a backlog
- Good all round technical knowledge of IT systems and services
- Extensive, demonstrable success in managing the daily performance of small change involving the extensive management of 3rd Party Supplier / Outsource Providers
- Detailed understanding of Change Delivery Methodologies including all the associated artefacts
- Ability to work well with the internal teams, outsourced partners, operations and the business.
- Good knowledge of disruptive technologies and their applicability.
- Confidently discuss all aspects of products function and non-functional.
- Analytical Thinking, ability to interpret data, identify potential issues and present this in a way that facilitates effective decision making.
- Educated to A-Level or higher standard
- Knowledge of Outsourcing / Global Delivery methodologies
- Energy Industry knowledge