Technical Project Manager
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Technical Delivery Manager/Project Manager to join the Trading Team. The role will report into a Trading Programme Manager working closely with the various development team leads and will have overall delivery accountability.
The role is accountable for the technical delivery of large-scale technical software development projects, through coordination and management of dedicated scrum teams located in various locations around the globe.
* Manages projects that involve multiple stakeholders, ensuring project charters, integrated project plans, resource and contingency plans are scoped and documented and that risk management processes are in place
* Works with project sponsors/stakeholders to agree project objectives, milestones and success criteria and develops status reports to update key stakeholders on project progress
* Evaluates trade-offs between project size, complexity, cost, risk, etc. effectively assessing and resolving high-priority project risks
* Manages project workstreams throughout the project lifecycle delivering results that meet the success parameters stated in the business case
* Supervises the project budget request process and performs regular financial reviews, tracking and measuring financial performance and key metrics against plan and validating financial forecasts
* Ensures all projects adhere to Group Standards for project methodology, governance and risk management
* Represents the project in various governance forums.
Specific Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Technology delivery - lead the delivery across all technology teams in the workstream throughout the end to end delivery chain
* Ensuring full engagement of relevant architects to provide solution design and overall architecture alignment
* Planning - Accountable for all technology planning activities, including working closely with Development Lead to ensure technology plans are fully and correctly reflected in overall plans and roadmaps
* Dependency management - Ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan. Effectively work across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules
* Risk and Issue Management - Ability to proactively manage risk and issues for the workstream in a timely manner and have the confidence to make decisions to mitigate or resolve when required. Work closely with workstream lead to ensure RAIDS are fully documented, mitigated and escalated as required.
* Leadership - Lead and work closely with all members of the team, including business analysts, architects, QE and development management to ensure all aspects from intake, requirements, design and testing are fit for purpose and delivered in a timely manner for planning and execution
* Team performance - Work closely with the Scrum Masters and Vendor management (where required) and QE to ensure the delivery performance of the teams throughout execution and identify opportunities to optimize to improve timeliness, throughput and quality.
* Problem solving and decision making - sound judgement at a senior management level using assertiveness and influencing skills to ensure items are discussed and decisions made and agreed in a timely manner
* Governance - Manage any technology team governance and adhere to the overall programme governance to ensure all stakeholders and team members are aligned and effective in delivery
* Reporting - Ensure reporting is provided as required on a regular basis against roadmap, plans and any performance KPI's and OKR's for your teams
* Communication - Working closely and collaboratively with the Project management office to identify and manage all stakeholders, providing visibility and transparency
* Financial Management and Project Accounting - Providing the critical data required for the project management function to monitor and track financial health, analysing resource requirements across multiple projects or across programmes to meet strategic goals
* Previous experience of working in a large scale, Top Tier Investment Bank or for a wider Financial Services Organisation
* Proven experience in delivering large-scale technical programmes in a hands-on capacity
* A software delivery background would be highly beneficial due to the technical nature of the deliverables
* Extensive stakeholder management experience up to senior level, alongside the management of external vendor relationships
* Experience of working in a complex, high-paced environment with a global team
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please submit CVs today!