Experinecd Technical Lead Required
Azure Cloud - Windows - VMware - SAN + DevOps Training on Offer
West Bromwich, Birmingham, West Midlands
MS Azure Cloud, Virtualisation, VMware, Microsoft Infrastructures, MS O365, VDI, Desktop Virtualisation, Windows Server 2012/2016, MS SQL Server, Windows Servers 2008, 2012 & 2016, Linux RedHat, PowerShell, Linux Shell, Scripting, SQL, Oracle.
Training in Azure DevOps Technologies (Rancher/Helm/Kubernetes/Docker/Tiler/Pearl) will be available!
£55,000pa to £60,000pa + PRP, Generous Pension, Life Insurance, Corporate Discounts + 25 Days Holiday
Financial sector specialists are seeking a strong technical presence to lead a small technical team and to impact and enhance their current IT Support function.
As the Technical Team Lead, you will be required to oversee the delivery of specific technical streams, including Azure Design & Build phases, Technical Application, Infrastructure Implementation, as well as creating best practice guidelines and recommend changes to streamline release & deployment operations.
You will be working in a cross functional agile team and work closely and coexist with Project Managers, IT Managers and Architects to ensure our processes are both meeting business needs whilst also moving in the right technical direction.
Based at the Client's West Bromwich HQ, you will need experience and skills across a number of technologies such as:
Key Technical Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server products (Technical Certifications preferable).
- Experience of migrating / implementing solutions into Azure Cloud Infrastructure platforms
- Detailed knowledge of VMware and Virtualisation
- Knowledge of Network Infrastructure technologies.
- Proven experience of RedHat Linux.
- Proven experience automating processes using scripting languages (PowerShell, Linux shell).
- Preferable experience of implementing Microsoft O365.
- Preferable experience of implementing a VDI solution.
- Proven experience of coordinating and deploying IT solutions as part of a larger project.
- Previous responsibility for technical direction of projects, contributing and overseeing the production of detailed technical designs.
- Proven ability of embedding Security in every layer of solution deployment.
- Ensuring they have an excellent understanding of software release systems and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
- Training will be available in Azure DevOps Technologies (Rancher/Helm/Kubernetes/Docker/Tiler/Pearl).
- Experience of database systems, ideally in the relevant database technologies such as MS SQL Server and Oracle.
This role requires considerable knowledge and a high degree of analytical and constructive thinking to tackle a wide variety of challenging and Azure Cloud, Virtualisation, DevOps and Infrastructure related projects.
This role is extremely diverse, challenging and will require a person with energetic and tenacious qualities coupled with the technical skills and cerebral capacity to match.
- Provide a strong technical direction which involves establishing a technical vision, resolving technical disagreements and managing the technical quality of team deliverables
- Create best practice guidelines and recommend changes to streamline release & deployment operations
- Motivate team members and know how to efficiently make important decisions
- Ensuring current applications are updated and align with the implementation of new applications and infrastructure.
- Analysing project & business needs; and selecting solutions to meet those needs.
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct security audits to determine weaknesses in applications and infrastructure.
- Play a key role in the adoption of automation technologies.
- Lead with the scheduling and running of knowledge sharing sessions with core project stakeholders to help promote new technologies.
Desirable will be Professional Certifications or equivalent in the relevant field of expertise:
- MS Azure
For the successful candidate the client will offer a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.