Technical IT Lead - Bristol Area
Our client, a large global defence organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Senior IT professional to join their leadership team during a time of significant period of growth. The company has expanded their footprint within both public sector & commercial sectors, enabling them to deliver cutting edge capabilities and large scale projects.
In this role, you will be the technical authority for a large project, shaping the engineering delivery strategy and engineering vision for next generation technical solutions. You will have oversight for the delivery / architecture of the projects and leading customer relationships with senior stakeholders & partner organisations, as well as work with wider business areas to assist in the development of new capabilities.
This will include:
- Providing Engineering direction by defining and delivering a progressive roadmap of engineering activities.
- Effectively communicating Programme and Solution Objectives, Delivery requirements to all engineering teams
- Working with Programme and Project Management Teams to ensure that engineering deliverables are achieved on time, to budget and are of acceptable functionality and quality, aligned to the VVRM.
- Coordinating all Engineering Initiatives captured through Programme Engineering Planning, using the appropriate Product Management and Engineering delivery teams, as organisationally assigned
- Provision of line management, resource management, and technical leadership for large group of multi-disciplinary engineers to ensure that suitably skilled capabilities are effectively assigned to all development activities.
- Support and advice to continuous improvement in engineering capability; people, processes, practices, tools and technology.
The successful candidate will be an experience senior IT professional, able to demonstrate successful delivery on complex, large scale secure IT virtualisation projects, utilising emerging technologies where possible. You will have strong management skills, able to manage large multidisciplinary teams (50+) and be able to engage senior stakeholders up to board level. Above all you will have a passion for technology and delivery world class solutions to clients, able to produce technical roadmaps that deliver on price, quality and expectations.
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and their salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold full right to work in the UK and be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
- 25 Days starting holiday
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets