City of London - Negotiable salary plus excellent benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in insurance/reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity.
As a Technical Architect, you will proactively lead application development/enterprise integration driven technology transformation activities and driven targeted business outcomes. You will support initiatives and harmonisation efforts transforming enterprise integration driven local legacy processes/systems into central and group wide platforms.
You will provide technical leadership, facilitation and analysis along with designing tasks required for the transformation of business integration. This will help to develop target-state guidance across the enterprise, in order to enable business strategy and successfully deliver projects
You will report to the head of technical architecture & design services and ensure that enterprise integration architecture vision and standards are executed through a common framework and continuous adoption of cloud based enterprise platforms, governance related to the organisations core services.
- Support upcoming finance initiatives, participate in RfPs and/or PoCs, maintain collaboration channels with internal customers on finance topics in different entities as well as working closely together with the Senior EA Finance architect and all other EA team members.
- Draft technical standards for technologies such as integration capabilities
- Evangelize and be an ambassador of Integration Architecture vision and standards like Message Board Integration, Platform Integration, Enterprise Service Bus concepts, Security Integration concepts
- Build enterprise integration centric initiatives and offerings and help technical challenges as client transition from traditional data patterns to new generation data & analytics architecture or cloud based integrations
- Collaborate with the Business Solutions team and other Technology Architects and support Enterprise Integration Architects on various projects and implementations
- Define migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with Business Solutions and Business Technologies Architects.
- Identify technical risk and vulnerabilities in the IT environment that will delay impending projects or lead to post release defects
Essential skills & experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in Technical Architecture and a Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Some experience working with technologies like Azure Data Services, Amazon Data Services, B2C platforms, PaaS and SaaS
- Some experience working with concepts like Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus, Hybrid Cloud Integration, Modern security concepts, process automation, Enterprise Data Integration, Application Development standards, Application Development, Solution performance and Scalability
- Some experience working with concepts Message based integration, Web UI development frameworks, 3 tier architecture concepts.
- Prior experience working with enterprise architecture concepts including, Patterns, Roadmaps, Architecture Review Board, Solution Design Board.
- Expertise in defining Enterprise Integration roadmaps, integration patterns, cloud based services
- Hands on experience with Hybrid Cloud solutions (Azure and / or AWS) will be considered a strong asset.
- Any experience with statistical programming languages including, phyton, R would be desirable
- Experience with integration of operational data with data lake.
- Good understanding of Data Integration challenges and potentials solutions.
If this role sounds like it suits yourself and you are keen to pursue a role as a Technical Architect, then please click the link below to apply.