Role: Technical Architect
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Manchester/Newcastle (currently remote)
Duration: 6-12 months
**Candidates must operate via an approved Umbrella company**
Ability to work with, implement and extend cloud hosting and networking design patterns and deployments for scalable secure and resilient implementations; We're looking for an outstanding Senior Technical Architect having experience of public cloud microservices and API-led architectures who wants to contribute to demanding exciting and highly scalable digital services for the UK Government. Be part of changing the face of public services with the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people. Our Technical Architects lead deliver and support architecture designs as part of multi-functional agile delivery teams. You will create solution designs that meet user needs - engaging with engineers Domain and Lead Solution Architects - that allow solutions to be implemented according to agreed and approved designs.
The candidate will be expected to provide architecture advice to product delivery teams, blending technical (software, public cloud development and architecture) and behavioural (leadership and communication) skills. You will advocate and support delivery of solutions that reduce architectural complexity and reduce technical debt.
- Knowledge skills and experience of the following will be essential:
- Agile / DevOps delivery methodologies and best practice
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) delivery methods / best practice
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Serverless and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) deployment technologies design patterns tools and best practices
- Microservices and API-led architecture and integrations design
- Strong systems and software architecture and design experience
- Application Integration and Infrastructure architecture frameworks best practice
- Cloud and infrastructure architectures and framework
- Solid with Public (private) cloud technologies - especially strong AWS skills and experience
Please submit CVs today!