System Solution Architect - Corsham
Our client is currently working with the MOD on a complex long term project to deliver cutting edge information and communications technology (ICT) to enhance deployed operational command and control. It will be used by the Royal Navy, Army and the Royal Air Force to support Sovereign and coalition operations at home and overseas.
This programme will replace a number of legacy Communication and Information systems and will provide universal access and similar user experience across all security domains in all physical locations. Operating from Corsham, our client and their partners are delivering next generation solutions to some of the MOD's most challenging technical issues.
The System Solution Architecture service supports the Solution Management team providing subject matter expertise to ensure the coherence of the programme solution architecture.
The System Solution Architecture service is responsible for:
- Working with the Solution Design Authority to develop and refine the technological roadmap and High Level Design (HLD).
- Working with the users to understand their requirements and identify any constraints that may impact on the solution.
- Determining the interoperability, dependencies, and interactions with other IS, both national and international, ensuring they are maintained through the transition.
- Working with other Solution Architects to ensure that the design is coherent across the solution and compliant with applicable standards and policies.
- Leading the impacting of any changes, ensuring the architecture and design remain coherent and changes are agreed with both internal and external customers.
- Working with stakeholders and the Solutions Team to develop, architect, and document technical patterns for common problems.
- Working with the Solution Engineers to ensure that the design intent is being realised.
- Reviewing and approving Low and Detailed Level Design (LLD and DLD) solutions and supporting artefacts.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A broad systems engineering experience and a detailed understand of solution architectures with demonstrable experience, advanced knowledge, and understanding of architecting and designing solutions.
- Significant experience in eliciting, elaborating, and analysing requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with diverse and adverse audiences.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Competent in MS Office Suite.
The organisation is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll need either hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return our client offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets