IT Systems Engineer - Servers & Virtualisation - 2nd & 3rd Line Support
WFH 3 Days per week - (Remote Working) - Client HQ is Stafford
Security Clearance and Vetting Required prior to Commencement of Employment
VMWare Products Configuration and Administration and/or DBA experience in either Oracle or SQL, Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Supporting Server Deployments, Hypervisor (Hyper-V & VMWare) PKI, Microsoft Genealogy, Microsoft Applications, O365, Cloud, Azure, MS Exchange 2013++, Citrix XD7.x, SQL, Hyper-V & Server Manager Configuration and Administration, MS Storage Spaces and Backup Technologies, DELL M-Series Enclosures & Blade Servers, MS Security, Active Directory Group Policy
£32,000pa - Plus an Excellent Benefits Package and Working Environment
Government client who will require full Security Clearance (SC) and Vetting Checks for all employees are seeking an IT Systems Engineer who specialises in Servers & Virtualisation and 2nd & 3rd Line Support to impact and enhance their current IT Solutions function.
You will be "Home-Based 3 Days per week" but also required to lead and be accountable for the support and maintenance of Server and Virtualised Services making sure users have efficient, accurate and secure access to IT and Server resources.
Key Technical Skills:
- VMWare Products Configuration and Administration and/or DBA experience in either Oracle or SQL
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016
- Experience of supporting server deployments activities through a development, design, test and implementation lifecycle
- Utilising Hypervisors (Hyper V and VMWare
- Exchange 2013 onwards
- Citrix XD7.x
- SQL Availability Groups
- Hyper-V & Server Manager Configuration and Administration
- MS Storage Spaces and Backup Technologies
- DELL M-Series Enclosures & Blade Servers
- MS Security, Active Directory Group Policy
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Azure application, services and technologies
- Oracle DBA configuration & administration
- Citrix administration with strong skills and experience in associated technologies
- Citrix NetScaler/XenApp/Xen Desktop, RDS and Terminal Services
- VDI, Exchange, Lync and SharePoint Service
- Veritas backup
- Enterprise Storage
- PowerShell Scripting
Key Functional Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist technical skills and knowledge that facilitate the provision, configuration and support of systems or applications.
- Manage the security, availability, capability, and performance of systems and/or software applications.
- Support the delivery of solutions in response to incident, configuration, availability, capacity, continuity and release management in line with agreed procedures.
- Coordinate standardised processes (e.g. change and release management) for hardware or software changes across various technical teams within the department.
- Take ownership of major incidents, major changes, and major releases.
- Provide specialist knowledge in a variety of systems and applications
Microsoft, VMware Certifications will be advantageous.
For the successful candidate the client will offer a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.