Systems Engineers (training provided)
The ideal candidate will have active SC Clearance or be eligible to undergo SC Clearance.
The Experis Academy has an exciting and unique opportunity for candidates to be trained to become experienced Systems Engineers working for an international, defence, and security company. This is a great opportunity to join Experis' ever growing Academy division where you will be trained and developed whilst representing Experis on one of our leading engineering accounts. Our Academy programmes train and develop wider talent pools who work towards becoming permanent members of our industry leading customer communities.
If you are educated to degree-level in a science, technology or engineering related discipline or have experience in formal systems engineering and have a genuine passion and drive to further your career within this field, then this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for systems-thinkers who we can train and develop to work across a range of exciting design, integration, manufacture, and support projects within our customer's defence space. You will be dealing with complex systems, and you'll develop critical products from initial requirements through to design, testing and commissioning.
As part of the extensive programme, you will receive both on the job and classroom-based learning providing you with the necessary tools, experience, and training to help develop your skills within Systems Engineering. The training will be centred around the systems engineering framework, covering systems thinking, systems engineering fundamentals, requirements engineering, architecting, product design, systems engineering and architecting standards, model-based systems engineering, systems integration, and systems testing.
Once the 14-month training programme has finished, you will transition to become a permanent employee of our customer, bringing with you all the training and awareness that you have developed to enable you to work on cutting edge Systems Engineering solutions.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Be the primary interface between management, customers, suppliers, and specialty engineers in the systems development process for the tasks you are assigned.
- Support on both in service design changes as well as new concept architecture, design, and installation on a variety of the latest technologies for clients
- Providing in depth support across Requirements Elicitation, Architectural Design, Concept Generation, Functional Analysis, and Design Integrity.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders for the elicitation and acceptance of User and System requirements.
- Requirements analysis and management throughout the SE lifecycle
- Derive design requirements and specify technical requirements as part of procurement activities
- Create and manage interface specifications and certificates
- Maintain configuration control of the tasking and product breakdown structure and associated technical documentation
- Undertake technical management of internal and external sub-contractors
- Support to bids and proposals for new business development, feasibility studies and technical roadmaps.
To fit the minimum criteria to apply, applicants must possess the following attributes:
- Worked in multiple phases of an engineering lifecycle
- Be a "Systems-thinker" with a positive "can do" attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal functional skills
- Ability to deliver results on time, meeting cost and quality targets
- Taking ownership of problems whilst working diligently towards resolution
- Proactive worker with capability of operating with minimal supervision
- Be a good communicator, both written and oral, and able to liaise at all levels with customers and stakeholders
- Eligible and willing to undertake security clearance
- Competitive salary based on a 37 hour working week, with bonus opportunities
- Gain an entry point into a market leading defence and security organisation and the opportunity to secure a high-profile system engineering opportunity with strong growth and acceleration in that field
- On the job training in systems engineering to interject your career towards Senior Systems Engineer with varied training to match
Other benefits include
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental cover
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Maternity Pay/Shared Parental leave and paternity leave
- Sick pay
Interested candidates should apply in the first instance