Job Title: Support Engineer
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Rate: Up to £493 per day based on relevant experience
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise our customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of our products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
SQL Server support is a strategic unit of our Customer Support Services (CSS). As a Support Engineer, you will represent us in customer communication via phone, email, or chat to assist customers in resolving technical issues involving our products and services. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships and build customer loyalty while effectively managing challenging situations.
The SQL Engineer is a trusted advisor to fellow IT Professionals, using their technical skills to solve high level complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will also require a customer-oriented mindset. You will have a chance to be involved in troubleshooting various environments for some of the world's largest companies.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for our customers and partners via phone, email, or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day-to-day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability, and teamwork.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences while ensuring High customer satisfaction.
- Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues.
- Use trace analysis, debug skills and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
- Technical Degree or adequate practical background (2-5 years) on the following Technologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 /2016 /2017 /2019 at administrative level (Installation, index and table maintenance, backups etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014/2016/2017/2019 at dev level (SQL language, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Good Windows Operating System background on Threads, Processes and Memory Management (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
- Windows Clustering
- Debugging / Creating and Reading memory Dumps
- Basic Programming skills with Python, R, C# or VB.Net
- Good Knowledge of .Net Framework (This is a must)
- Cloud knowledge (AZURE)
- A Microsoft certification (MCSE or MCSD) is also considered a plus.
- Excellent understanding of Database concepts and deployments
- Experience supporting or maintaining complex mission critical database solutions, RDMS technologies, and/or SQL language.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions.
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal, listening, and written (including technical writing).
- Passion for technology, lifelong learning, and professional development.
- Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Experience supporting Azure or other cloud-based solutions.
- Microsoft certifications in data platform or Azure technologies
- Experience troubleshooting distributed solutions.
- Experience troubleshooting Open-Source Databases like MySQL, Postgre SQL, etc.,
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP communications, UDP, OSI model, DNS, firewalls), Storage and Platform troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge of writing applications that use data access technologies (i.e. ADO, ADO.NET, ODBC, OLE DB, and any ORM frameworks against RDBMSs like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL)
Please submit your CV at your earliest convenience.