Supply Chain Manager- Aviation
Pay rate: Up to £400 per day Umbrella
Length of contract: 12 months
General Description of Job
The role of the Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager (P&SC) is to ensure the effective and compliant leadership of the Supply Chain Team. Ensuring goods and services are sourced to support the aircraft and operation for the Offshore Business in line with group procedures and delivering value for money.
You will be responsible for leading and developing the Purchasing and supply chain team. Where stakeholder management will be key to managing relationships with Engineering, Operations and Finance to deliver the business goals.
This role requires leadership, commercial skills, load and capacity planning and the ability to work with international supply chains to drive ontime delivery. Where Commercial, international trade, Shipping and project management skills are beneficial
- Negotiate agreements with key vendors.
- Ensure supply chains are monitored and key deliverables are met.
- Reporting performance on KPI's for P&SC.
- Manage stakeholders from Finance, Operations, Engineering, Shipping Agents and Trade Controls
- Lead and manage and develop a team of Buyers.
- Drive compliance and governance.
- Planning Savings initiatives for the business.
- Manage vendors relationships and solve payment issues.
- Drive best practice and continuous improvements leading key initiatives.
- Highlight and manage Suppy Chain risk.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times. Direction.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally Degree educated and a member of CIPS with industry experience.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Understand purchasing process, systems and data architecture
- Past ERP experience.
- Proven track record for delivering results.
- Strong Commercial Acumen.
- Good Planning & Communication skills
- Experience of Import and Export Control
- Demonstrates a knowledge and application of ERP Systems and the Procurement Process
- Demonstrates good planning and communication skills
- Ability to cope with levels of ambiguity
- Happy to take the lead
- Good relationship builder
- Analytical capabilities and able to respond to management data
- Trusted team leaders and team player
- Acts with integrity and trust (does what they said they'd do)
- Proven Supply Chain and Procurement Skills