Role: Supplier Relationship Lead
Location: Rosyth 35816
Sector: Energy & Marine Services
Salary: Band C £33,000-£36,000
About the role
Procure materials and services from new and existing suppliers, sourcing new suppliers, setting up preferred supplier agreements and contracts such that materials, services and products are sourced in a timely, cost effective and professional manner to meet schedules, and customer demand. At this level works under some supervision or on procurement of generic materials or materials, services and products of less complexity and value. This role is important as you must create, build and maintain strong supplier and stakeholder relationships whilst managing their performance and cost saving initiatives.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Assist in the process for tendering of work by suppliers, ensure tender documents are prepared and dispatched to companies and organisations invited to tender, and that subsequent submissions are handled professionally until the order is placed
* Be responsible for cost reduction activates within your suppliers and providing support to the purchasing manager for cost saving projects
* Ensure purchase orders for allocated products and business areas are processed in a timely manner, suitable suppliers are identified and price and delivery objectives are negotiated consistent with budgets & targets
* Ensure a programme of supplier and sourcing reviews is carried out, such that suppliers and supplier performance is monitored and managed and where appropriate alternative sources are identified to meet current and further objectives and benefit of the business
* Maintain and build business relationships with suppliers to ensure delivery schedules are achieved and favourable terms can be agreed with the supplier to suit business needs
* Work with a prescribed group of suppliers to identify opportunities to improve the level of services or reduce the cost of items purchased
What do I need to do the role?
This Supplier Relationship Lead role need someone with previous experience in building long term relationships with Suppliers and stakeholders and being about to influence them in the purchasing process.
The Supplier Relationship Lead is involved in purchase and supply of a range of materials, services and supplies and maybe involved in tenders and tender management. The role follows purchasing practice, and works with a group of allocated suppliers to identify and generate cost savings for the business as you will be monitoring suppliers on their performance and will be heavily involved in cost saving projects, so previous experience is essential.
Requires good understanding of purchasing principles and practices, may be studying for CIPS.
The job requires a detailed grasp of purchasing methods, systems and approaches. The role owns a supplier review schedule and implementing processes and programmes for an allocated group of suppliers and managing the relationships with these suppliers.
What else do I need to know?
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns at work at interview.
If you are currently employed by Babcock, please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- 26 days ago