Storage Data Engineer
Location: Sheffield (Hybrid - 2 days on site)
Length: 9 months
Pay: up to £445/d (inside IR35)
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Data protection - Engineering
- Required NetBackup v10 advanced Installation & configuration with a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience (preferable Veritas certified).
- Required detailed and in-depth hands-on experience on Veritas Appliances, FLEX Appliance and Data Domain appliances.
- Required detailed knowledge of SLP replication and OST integration with Data Domain storage platforms, as well as MTREE replication experience
- Ability to create low level design documentation, instructional documentation, and present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge of Puppet and Ansible deployed across Windows and Linux platforms.
- Very strong understanding of networking technologies and practices, specifically including VLAN tagging, network segregation and Quality of Service.
- Taking initiative and proactively raising issues with both internal teams and external vendors
- Experience of customer deployments exceeding 50,000 end-points
- Experience supporting environments with multiple NBU primary server domains, as well as 100's of media servers
- Experience operating within controlled environments, adhering to strict change management and role elevation criteria.
- Flexibility to work across time zones as required.
Additional skills -
- Effective communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Client focused with regards to service delivery
- Self-driven and able to work independently or within a team
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills (the ability to think logically through a problem)
- Must have the initiative, tenacity and commitment to see problems through to resolution
- Confidence to speak out and voice their opinions where necessary.