SQL Database Administrator
UK, West Midlands HQ / Hybrid Role / WFH - Staffordshire, Shropshire, Wolverhampton etc
MS SQL Server 2014 through to 2019 databases, Operating Systems - Microsoft Windows Server 2016 onwards, SSMS, SQL Server Config Mgr. / profiler / Activity Monitor / Database ETA, T-SQL, 24-by-7 Operational Practices & Associated Applications, In depth knowledge of Security and Admin of MS SQL Server.
Salary at £55,000pa (more DoE) + Excellent Benefits Package!
Financial sector specialists are seeking a strong SQL DBA presence to support and enhance their current IT Support and SQL Database functionality.
As the SQL Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the management and administration of the client's databases, compromising of SSMS, T-SQL and MS SQL Servers.
The role will oversee the day to day running of the databases ensuring tasks such as housekeeping, administration, maintenance and security actions are all completed within agreed timescales and industry best practices.
As SQL Database Administrator - Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage, support, and administer core application and SQL database systems in compliance with SLAs.
- Assist in the delivery of Data Centre Services project plans.
- Provide 2nd Line out of hours support for application and databases associated with Business-critical systems.
- Assist Projects with system and database design, implementation, support and understanding requirements set out by the Project Manager.
- Maintain the applications and database systems of internal control in accordance with the security policies.
- Provide input into database and system designs (e.g. clustering, mirroring, failover etc.
- Manage, plan, and implement quarterly, half-yearly and annual processes (e.g., Capacity planning, Licence reconciliations, Database patching, Software releases and Roadmaps).
- Manage relationships with representatives of external companies on a regular basis, mainly 3rd party support companies.
- Assist in recovering core databases and related systems during Disaster Recovery Tests and ensuring the society can continue in business in the event of a disaster itself.
- The role requires a customer focused approach.
- The job holder must be able to build effective working relationships with internal personnel and external organizations.
- Define and ensure critical data has suitable backup policies and scripts written and tested.
Technical Skills & Attributes:
- MS SQL Server 2014 through to 2019 databases.
- Working knowledge of core operating systems (Microsoft Windows server 2016 onwards).
- In-depth understanding of databases related tools and techniques (SSMS, SQL Server Config Mgr. / profiler / Activity Monitor / Database ETA, etc. etc.),
- Working knowledge of T-SQL.
- Working knowledge of 24-by-7 operational practices and their associated applications.
- In depth knowledge of security and administration of MS SQL Server.
Call Experis IT today on 0121 712 8715 for more information!