SQL Database Specialist, Microsoft, SQL, R, PostgreSQL, Excel, Data, Access, Cloud, Energy Data, VB Script, Python, AWS, Azure, Server Integration, Linux, Ubuntu, Web Pages, Designer, Designing, Designed, Architect, T-SQL, London, Government, Public Sector,
Our Public Sector client based in London are recruiting for an SQL Database Specialist.
Opportunity to use your SQL database expertise and knowledge on a cloud based analytical platform.
- Using best techniques and technology to load and extract data into cloud-based virtualised
- MS SQL Server to and from different data sources.
- Monitoring MS SQL servers so that they are running in the most efficient state.
- Support others to develop their own SQL capabilities, including T-SQL and maintenance.
- Ensure data stored in SQL server is held securely and stored efficiently.
- Develop technology paths so other databases and software packages to access SQL Server
- Advising users on how to get the best out of SQL
Key Skills / Experience
- Database administration of MS SQL 2016 or later
- Using SQL Server Integration Services
- At least one scripting language, such as VB Script, Python, PHP or a similar language
- Working with working data at "OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE" level
- Working with Energy Data
- Working on a Cloud Environment
- Using R
- Working PostgreSQL or another open source SQL database
- Linux OS, such Ubuntu 16 (or later) or anything similar
- Designing web pages
- MS Excel and MS Access 2010 or later
- Designing databases