The Indirect Sourcing Specialist is responsible for Supporting Indirect sites across the UK.
* Ensure lowest possible cost for goods/services, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs while executing against set strategies.
* Interface with and assist Global Commodities team to support global commodity strategy implementation.
* Responsible for ensuring assigned commodities meet the requirements of global sourcing strategy and the business needs.
* Assist in identifying and driving new sources of supply and qualifying new suppliers in conjunction with Global Commodities team.
* Drive consolidation of the supply base for assigned commodities and negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
* Implement purchase orders for high value (PO's) and PO management with sound purchasing practices and assure compliant acquisition of goods or services that meet applicable MSA's, and company and government regulations.
* Identify opportunities to reduce non-catalogue requests and implement catalogue's and punch-outs.
* Interface with the buy desk on issues that arise, and help to ensure that sound fulfilment processes as well as clean hand-offs are established and maintained in the process of identifying and fulfilling business needs.
* Drive improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues and database management through digitisation and simplification.
* Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources.
* Partner with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meet the needs of the business.
* Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques.
* Perform market analysis and monitor supplier progress.
* Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance and develop improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
Please send CVs in the first instance to Leigh Sproston -