Role: Sourcing Specialist (Commodity Management)
Duration: 6 Months
Pay rate: Negotiable
Coordinate, manage and issue required Requests for Quotation (RFQ) for their commodity.
Ensure issues related to supplier fulfillment are managed proactively.
Develop profile for supplier capability/capacity, to establish sourcing strategies for maximum leverage.
Facilitate and/or lead supplier manufacturability discussions with the appropriate stakeholders developed and managed successful relationships with external and internal customers, suppliers and stakeholders. Demonstrate activity to provide stakeholder satisfaction and support whilst maintaining commercial control.
Participate in global commodity team activity.
POR management, competitive tendering, negotiation, stakeholder buy off, conducting kick off meetings.
Sourcing best practice in negotiations with suppliers
Collaborate with requesting departments to resolve problems relating to requirements, deviations, substitutions, priorities, delays, damages, inferior quality or other conditions that deviate from established procedures.
Maintain current market knowledge and changing material conditions and advise management of current trends in prices and purchasing availability.
Drive sourcing initiatives on savings, supplier performance and supplier base rationalization.
Travel to suppliers for on-site meetings
* Bachelor's Degree
* Competent user of MS Office, Word, Excel, Oracle ERP, Skype, Teamcenter engineering and Unifier software.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented.
* Experience in New Product Introduction and Sub-contract Management
* Proven skill in negotiation for cost and lead-time reduction
* Analytical, metrics-oriented, high motivation. Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions and be a results-oriented self-starter.
* In-depth experience of Oil & Gas industry, in particular sub-sea distribution systems major assembly subcontracting
* Experienced in running RAIL / progress meetings with suppliers & engineering
* Experienced in virtual team working
* Experienced in expediting projects to reduced lead-time
* Able to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* High energy, confidence and tenacity.
* Ability to work under tight time deadlines, with frequently changing priorities.
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.