ROLE: SOLUTIONS LNG ARCHITECT
RATE: £700 P.D. (INSIDE IR35)
LOCATION: LONDON (REMOTE WORKING OPTIONS)
Project Role Description:
Work directly with subject matter experts, business analysts, technical leads and other architects to re-architect/design our next-generation LNG trading platform with modern technologies, consistent with business and technology strategies. Expert knowledge of energy trading and risk management processes across front, middle and back office functionalities with an emphasis on physical LNG trading.
10+ years Technical experience augmented by 5+ years of Energy Trading experience
Technical Must Have Skills:
Familiarity with Microservices architecture and related technologies (containerization, messaging, caching). Familiarity with Cloud hosting (AWS).
Functional Must Have Skills:
Full Lifecycle Physical Energy Trading Experience, ideally in LNG markets.
· Expert in designing the architecture of modern, bespoke Energy trading systems, including documenting and agreeing key design decisions and trade-offs across diverse stakeholders.
Perform requirement gathering, analysis and design across functional, non-functional technical, and operational domains.
· Thought leader in respective domain, will be the key advisor to delivery and design reviews.
· Handling business changes and managing stakeholder expectations
Manage communication across multiple teams, vendors, and consulting staff
Knowledge of deal lifecycle
· Thorough understanding of Agile and waterfall delivery methodology,
· Demonstrated capability across most of the following architecture facets:
· Data - Expert in data modelling for both transactional and analytic use cases, familiarity with real-time reporting techniques (including distributed caching), vendor and bespoke reporting tools, data migration and reconciliation techniques and tools.
· Technical - Hands-on Expert with demonstrated experience in architecture and design patterns, their usage, implementation and implications, including documenting and agreeing the design inclusive of the trade-offs for commodity trading systems. Familiarity with core AWS product offerings; code development (C#/Java); microservice containerization tools (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes); web UI development (React) .
· Integration - Expert experience with integration techniques, including real-time messaging (AMQ), API design (JSON, Swagger), and batch techniques.
· Infrastructure and Operational - Familiarity with DevOps practices, including CI/CD, automated deployments via Ansible, cloud infrastructure offerings, elasticity, and cost optimization.
· Strong functional understanding of physical LNG trading, ideally including complex contract optionality and portfolio and schedule optimization.
· Candidate must be able to work in small teams, or alone, for project delivery
· Candidate should be able to exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to deliver high quality solutions to clients
Candidate should be able to liaise with other teams to resolve cross functional issues
Educational Qualification: Batchelor degree
- London, Greater London, England
- Job Type:
- Cloud & Infrastructure
- Job reference:
- 24 days ago