Position: Solutions Architect (Bioinformatics/ Healthcare Data)
Location: Fully Remote
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
· The Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring that the company delivers aligned, secure, consistent, and efficient solutions to support our world-leading research.
· The post holder will deliver solution architecture support within a cross functional squad model. The role will be accountable for the production of solution architectures cutting across architecture domains working with other squad team members and across chapters.
· Progressing a strategy to move key applications to the Cloud but within a hybrid on prem infrastructure. The Solution Architect will support this endeavour to ensure that this transition is aligned to a coherent cloud migration strategy and that there are clear roadmaps and target architectures in place for the migration activities. The Solution Architect will help develop and set technical standards and patterns for use by the delivery squads to help ensure a consistency and aligned architecture across the enterprise.
The Solution Architect is responsible for defining and maintaining the structure of the solution and ensuring that it will meet the requirements by:
· Understanding the requirements - identifying the stakeholders, helping to analyse the requirements, and extracting those of architectural significance
· Formulating the design - creating a solution structure which will meet the various requirements, balancing the goals and constraints on the solution
· Communicating the architecture - making sure that everyone understands the architecture. Different people have different viewpoints, so the architect has to present various views of the system appropriate to different audiences
· Supporting the developers - making sure that the developers can realise the architecture, by a combination of mentoring and direct involvement
· Verifying the implementation - ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture and will meet the requirements
· Ensuring that architecture standards are defined and applied to ensure Medical Device Accreditation
· Ensuring that squads have available a set of standard patterns, guidance, and technical standards to help them deliver
· Ensuring solutions are documented and assured through defined architecture governance processes
· Ensuring solutions have considered applications, data, security, and infrastructure domains
· Know and understand the meaning behind our virtues of Empathy, Integrity, Focus, Connection, Speed, Curiosity, Impact and embody them in all aspects of your role.
· Proven experience and expertise in healthcare bioinformatics
· Understanding of secondary use healthcare data
· Able to develop solution architectures including applications, data, infrastructure, and security domains
· Knowledge and understanding of considerations in architecting solutions for a High-Performance Computing and peta byte scale landscape
· Experience of developing standards and patterns to support teams to develop best practice and aligned solutions
· Experience of or certification in architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF
· Analytical thinking to ensure detail of solutions are well considered
· Innovative with a view to identify and support technology which will advance the state of what is possible
· Experience of architecting solutions within the context of public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
· AWS certified solution architecture professional
· Experience of architecting solutions in a 'big data' environment
· Experience of microservices architecture patterns
· Experience of architecture methodologies and operating governance frameworks
Due to high volumes, we can only respond to applicants who meet the criteria