Up to £700 p/d
- Hands-on Technical Architect working closely with the Business and agile development teams to define EMS architecture.
- Subject matter expert responsible for vendor assessment.
- Align Trading Architecture with the wider Enterprise Architecture and Business vision
- Understand and review current system architecture
- Define the glide path from current state to target architecture
- Ensure our open platform architecture remains secure
- Drive the highest levels of quality and service
- Promote enterprise wide reuse of technology components
- Track industry trends and ensure new system designs exploit enabling technologies
- Maintain strong working relationships and ensure design patterns and best practices are communicated to and effectively adopted by development teams
- Be accountable to ensure all strategic code development adheres to architecture design and guidelines
- Communicate and win support from senior stakeholders for business-impacting technology decisions
- Collaborate with development, QA, Application support and Infrastructure managers to improve the operational efficiency of the organization.
- Selection of technology vendors and commercial negotiation.
- Deep Architecture expertise in Equities EMS technologies, ideally from a vendor: Position mgmt, Execution Mgmt, SOR, GUI technologies, Workflow, FIX hub connectivity, Risk Mgmt inc. Trading Controls, Analytics and reporting, Reference Data.
- High performance and low latency/jitter messaging infrastructures
- Good understanding of FIX data/message modelling and FIX infrastructure management
- Low Latency Trading Systems Architecture including Software, Bus, Caching and Database technologies.
- Self starter, highly motivated, outstanding problem solver
- Technology evangelist
- Experienced at striking the balance between architectural vision and near term delivery
- Effective collaboration and influence across organizational boundaries
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Design and architecture of systems and software components
- Demonstrated track record architecting systems for quality, availability, supportability, scalability, extensibility and security
- Experience in Cloud technologies particularly AWS, HTML5/JS, Docker, Kubernetes, databases, serverless.
- Information security architecture and secure software development and tooling.
- Network Architecture
- Agile development methodologies and DevOps, CI/CD pipeline and associated tooling, Jira
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Strong ability to build and maintain working relationships with the Business and implementation teams.
- AWS or Azure Certified Solutions Architect
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role in financial services
Experience with the following a plus:
- Formal requirements analysis and architecture modeling methodologies and tools
- API strategy and delivery
- Application of AI/ML in financial services
If you feel like your skill set matches the spec, then please submit your CV and we shall be in touch!