MUST HAVE SC FROM A PUBLIC ACCOUNT USED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS (IDEALLY WOULD ALSO HOLD NPPV3 CLEARANCE)
Role Title: Solution Enterprise Architect
Duration: 6 Months
IR35 status: Inside
Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) UK has the largest Projects & Consulting (P&C) practice in CIS - covering all the CIS portfolio. We work on a range of exciting projects for many different clients across all sectors. The role of Lead Architect is a role within the Cloud & Edge function, focusing on architecture governance, programme delivery, bid solution support and technical leadership.
The role of Lead Architect role will generally focus on Architecture, but an appreciation of Engineering and Subject Matter Expert skills and capabilities in needed. This job description covers all requirements, expanding on the experience and skillsets required for each.
Type of Project
The P&C practice in the UK works on a wide range of projects, across a wide range of clients in all sectors. Through the LEAD model we now work very closely across all the Market Units (MUs), fulfilling the Cloud and Infrastructure requirements as they arise.
As a Lead Architect you will get exposure to the following types of projects and roles:
* Programme Delivery Architect - responsible for the technical delivery of a programme of work, working closely with an Engagement Manager, with multiple projects. Your role will be to ensure the programme of work is delivered efficiently, providing technical leadership and governance across the programme
* Project Delivery Architect - responsible for the technical delivery of a complex project (Level 2 or 3 complexity rating), including the development of key project artefacts (solution architectures, technical architectures, high level designs, migration sequencing, roll-out approaches), managing the day-to-day activities of specialist architect, SMEs and Engineers
Experience and evidence of leading projects is a core capability.
ESSENTIAL SKILLSET AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Provide technical leadership across the programme of work or project
* Own the overall technical elements on a solution/programme
* Development of architectural solutions within the programme
* Worked on bids and costing of architecture solutions
* Point of contact to senior stakeholders (internal and external) related to technical Architecture
* Manage any dependencies, risks and requirements between stakeholders
* Excellent awareness of current IT trends and products that can influence client's decisions
* In depth strategic view on outcomes, methodologies and process
* Provide and manage an effective Architecture governance model
* Experience working on and have delivered complex Cloud, EUC or Datacentre transformations for large clients
STANDARD TRAITS REQUIRED:
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal) in English
* Proven track record working with clients
* Ability to converse with various stakeholders at different levels
* Knowledge of Capgemini portfolio of offerings
* Have the mindset to challenge and discuss decision points
* Demonstration of a wide Infrastructure & Industry knowledge on various technical products
* Capable of delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
* Understanding of Project and Programme Governance
* Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (e.g. DELIVERY, ITIL)
* Understanding of commercial models and costing development
* Ability to identify opportunities to expand Capgemini's client footprint and/or project work
* Ability to manage and control technical risks and work with assumptions
Lead Architect Certification
The Lead Architect should be Capgemini Architecture Level 2 certified OR have a plan to certify if new to Capgemini.
* Minimum Level 2 Architect Certification
* Architecture Framework (TOGAF/IAF) is desirable
* Vendor certifications, such as Microsoft or AWS, are desirable